He has a broad range of experience in initial public offerings, capital increases and high-yield debt financings involving international securities offerings of German, Austrian and Swiss companies, including dual listings and private placements of shares and debt securities in the United States.
For more than a decade, Dr. Hutter has been named by leading industry surveys as a market-leading German and European capital markets practitioner for equity and debt transactions, and he has spoken and published on international securities laws, transactions and issues.
Prior to joining Skadden in 2012, Dr. Hutter was a partner at Shearman & Sterling LLP.
His significant transactions since joining Skadden include advising:
Capital Markets (Equity):
- J.P. Morgan and UBS as joint bookrunners in connection with a capital increase and a global private placement of the new shares by TLG IMMOBILIEN AG;
- SGL Carbon SE in several rights offerings;
- Goldman Sachs International and Deutsche Bank as joint global coordinators in connection with the contemplated IPO of OFFICEFIRST Immobilien AG, a spin-off of the core portfolio of IVG Immobilien AG;
- MorphoSys AG in connection with several global private placements of new shares;
- entities and individuals related to the Ströer and Müller families in connection with a new global private placement of Ströer SE shares;
- J.P. Morgan as bookrunner in connection with a global private placement of shares in alstria office REIT-AG;
- Deutsche Bank and Citigroup as joint global coordinators in connection with the contemplated IPO of Vibracoustic AG (formerly TrelleborgVibracoustic GmbH);
- Deutsche Bank, J.P. Morgan and Commerzbank in connection with the contemplated IPO of Jost Werke AG;
- UBS as joint global coordinator in connection with the contemplated IPO of ADC Therapeutics SA;
- Deutsche Bank and BofA Merrill Lynch in connection with the contemplated IPO of Armacell International S.A.;
- Goldman Sachs International, UBS Investment Bank and Deutsche Bank in connection with a €907 million rights offering of Deutsche Wohnen AG;
- J.P. Morgan, Barclays, Morgan Stanley and Société Générale in connection with a €2.25 billion rights offering of Deutsche Annington Immobilien SE; and BofA Merrill Lynch and J.P. Morgan in connection with several global private placements of shares in Deutsche Annington Immobilien SE;
- Barclays Capital Inc. and Citigroup Global Markets Inc. as joint bookrunning managers in the IPO on Nasdaq of Kornit Digital Ltd.;
- FACC AG in connection with its global IPO on the Vienna Stock Exchange;
- Susquehanna International Group LLP in connection with an investment in Paion AG;
- Uniqa Insurance Group in connection with its re-IPO and a hybrid bond;
- Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse in connection with the contemplated IPO of Grohe;
- a group of more than two dozen institutional investors in connection with a global private placement of shares of the share capital of German specialty chemicals maker Evonik Industries AG;
- J.P. Morgan, BofA Merrill Lynch, Citibank and UniCredit in a rights offering of Sky Deutschland AG; and BofA Merrill Lynch and UniCredit in a capital increase and an international share placement of Sky Deutschland AG;
- Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank in connection with the IPO of LEG Immobilien AG; and
- Deutsche Post in a secondary share placement by KfW.
Capital Markets (Equity-Linked/Debt):
- the Austrian Province of Carinthia, Kaerntner Landesholding (KLH) and Kaerntner Ausgleichszahlungs-Fonds (K-AF), a special purpose vehicle set up by the Province of Carinthia, in connection with the debt restructuring of HETA Asset Resolution AG, the wind-down entity of the former Austrian Bank Hypo Alpe Adria, and the issuance of Secured Zero Coupon Bonds in an amount of €10.3 billion;
- SGL Carbon SE in several high-yield debt offerings as well as convertible bond offerings;
- AGRAVIS Raiffeisen AG in connection with issuance of hybrid capital;
- J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Goldman, Sachs & Co. as joint bookrunning managers in a high-yield offering of 6.5% senior notes due 2023 by ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc.;
- Roust Trading Limited in a US$550 million restructuring involving the exchange of two series of loan participation notes issued by Russian Standard Finance S.A., which were used to fund related loans to Russian Standard Bank, an indirect subsidiary of Roust Trading Limited, in favour of new notes issued by a new subsidiary;
- J.P. Morgan in connection with a €1 billion public hybrid bond offering for Deutsche Annington Immobilien SE;
- Susquehanna International Group LLP in connection with an investment in Epigenomics AG; and
- Credit Suisse in a high-yield bond offering of KM Germany Holdings GmbH and KM US Holdings II, Inc.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Lanxess AG in connection with its €2.4 billion acquisition of Chemtura Corporation;
- BA Glass BV in its acquisition of HNG Global GmbH;
- J.P. Morgan in connection with the acquisition of Gagfah S.A. by Deutsche Annington Immobilien SE;
- Merck KGaA in its US$17 billion all-cash acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation; and
- FIT AG in connection with the sale of netfabb GmbH to Autodesk Development B.V. and Autodesk’s investment into FIT AG.
To view a list of transactions handled by Dr. Hutter prior to joining Skadden, please click here.