Dr. Sarah Johnen advises domestic and international management and supervisory boards in connection with corporate governance, internal investigations and compliance matters. She has broad experience defending government inquiries and conducting internal investigations in bribery, accounting irregularities and related matters.
Dr. Johnen’s experience includes advising, among others:
- the management board of an international automobile manufacturer regarding consequence management in connection with diesel emissions;
- a multinational company in the logistics sector in several internal investigations concerning alleged corruption and accounting irregularities;
- the management of a German investment company on the decision of an enforcement of claims against the D&O insurer;
- the internal audit department of a multinational company in the logistics sector in an internal review of alleged corruption and accounting irregularities; and
- a multinational shipping company in an internal investigation concerning alleged corruption.