Cynthia Lam has a diverse corporate practice representing clients in M&A and complex strategic transactions, as well as capital markets and corporate governance matters. She regularly advises public and private companies in domestic and cross-border transactions.
Ms. Lam’s select representative matters include:
- Activision Blizzard Inc. in its pending $75 billion acquisition by Microsoft Corporation;
- Xilinx, Inc. in its $49 billion acquisition by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.;
- Netflix, Inc. in its acquisition of Animal Logic;
- WeWork in an $8 billion transaction in which SoftBank provided financing to the company and acquired a majority of its outstanding shares through a tender offer;
- Bright Lights Acquisition Corp. in its proposed, but terminated, merger with MANSCAPED at an enterprise value of $1 billion;
- Perella Weinberg Partners LP in its merger with FinTech Acquisition Corp. IV at an enterprise value of $975 million;
- carsales.com Ltd in its $624 million acquisition of a 49% stake in Trader Interactive;
- 8x8, Inc. in its $250 million acquisition of Fuze, Inc.;
- ServiceNow, Inc. in its acquisition of LightStep, Inc.;
- Permira Funds in its significant strategic investment in Axiom Global Inc.;
- WeWork in its merger with BowX Acquisition Corp at an enterprise value of $9 billion; and
- Virgin Trains USA LLC in a $1.75 billion offering of private activity bonds and subsequent $600 million offering of public activity bonds, the proceeds of which were used to finance the construction of a privately owned and operated express intercity passenger rail service running between Miami and Orlando, Florida.
Ms. Lam serves as pro bono coordinator of Skadden’s Palo Alto office. She provides pro bono legal services to a variety of clients, including nonprofit organizations, and also is actively involved in Skadden’s recruiting and mentoring programs and diversity initiatives. Ms. Lam has served as the vice president of programs and operations for the Asian American Bar Association of New York and currently serves as chair of the National Advisory Board of Answer, an award-winning nonprofit affiliated with Rutgers University that is dedicated to providing comprehensive health education for young people.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2018 (Levy Scholar, University of Pennsylvania Law Review)
- M.B.A., Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 2018 (Wharton Fellow)
- B.Sc., Washington & Lee University, 2015 (summa cum laude)
- B.A., Washington & Lee University, 2015 (summa cum laude)
- New York