Orla McMahon has broad U.S. and cross-border mergers and acquisitions experience, encompassing both public and private acquisitions, dispositions, co-investments and joint ventures. She also advises clients on corporate governance, U.S. securities laws, compliance and other general corporate matters. Ms. McMahon’s practice focuses primarily on representing public companies in connection with their public and private mergers and acquisitions and U.S. securities laws matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. McMahon was an associate in the Paris, New York and London offices of a large New York-headquartered law firm. She also served as a law clerk (stagiaire) to Irish Judge Anthony M. Collins at the General Court of the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg in 2014.
Prior to joining Skadden, Ms. McMahon’s representations include advising:
- Altice N.V. in its $17.7 billion acquisition of NYSE-listed Cablevision Systems Corporation;
- B/E Aerospace, Inc. in connection with its sale to Rockwell Collins, Inc. for $6.4 billion;
- General Electric Company in various matters, including:
- the combination of GE Oil & Gas with Baker Hughes Incorporated to create a newly listed $32 billion oilfield technology provider; and
- the $3.25 billion sale of its Distributed Power business to Advent International;
- the parent company of the NYSE, Intercontinental Exchange, Inc., in various matters, including:
- its expansion into climate change and alternative data capabilities through its acquisitions of RisQ, Inc. and Level 11 Analytics LLC;
- its $650 million acquisition of Trayport paid in common stock; and
- the merger of Bakkt Holdings, LLC, its majority-owned subsidiary, with special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings at an enterprise value of $2.1 billion;
- Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. in its $4.6 billion acquisition by Waste Management, Inc. and related regulatory divestitures to GFL Environmental, Inc.;
- Jin Jiang in its acquisition of French companies Groupe du Louvre and Louvre Hotels Group from Starwood Capital;
- Legg Mason in the acquisition of a controlling stake in real estate investment firm Clarion Partners;
- Liberty Latin America Ltd. in its joint venture with The Digicel Group to jointly own and operate rights granted by the Football Association Premier League with respect to live matches of the English Premier League;
- The Olayan Group in its investments in National Energy Services Reunited Corp and NPS Holdings Limited;
- Intapp in its acquisition of DealCloud, a global provider of deal management, workflow and technology solutions to capital markets firms; and
- Anglo American in connection with Mitsubishi Corporation’s investment in Anglo American’s Quellaveco copper project in Peru.