Greg Norman’s practice includes advising fund managers and investors on the structuring, marketing, establishment and operation of investment funds, in particular private equity and private equity real estate funds, as well as advising on associated regulatory issues and other in-house queries (such as commercial and employment arrangements). His experience also includes mergers and acquisitions of fund management businesses and secondary transactions in fund interests.
His experience includes advising:
- a leading sovereign wealth fund in its cornerstone investment in certain private equity real estate funds;
- M7 Real Estate in its Central European Real Estate Fund and in its U.K. real estate investment trust to be listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange;
- a listed U.S. corporation in the launch and closing of a US$1 billion investment vehicle focused on energy infrastructure assets;
- a leading U.S. payment service provider in the regulatory approvals required in connection with its merger with a U.K. payment processing company listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange;
- LetterOne Technology on the establishment of its US$3 billion retail investment platform;
- LetterOne Technology in its US$16 billion private equity fund-style investment programme;
- BlackRock, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of MGPA, an independently managed private equity real estate investment advisory company in Asia Pacific and Europe; and in its acquisition of the European exchange-traded funds business of Credit Suisse AG;
- UNIQA Insurance Group AG in its sale of a portfolio of 54 private equity funds to a group of international investors; and
- clients on regulatory issues relating to crypto-currency, ICOs and distributed ledger technology.
Mr. Norman is actively involved in a number of pro bono projects, including providing advice at a pro bono clinic to assist and represent victims of domestic violence and other family issues.