Patrick O’Connor advises private equity sponsors on a broad range of domestic and international transactions, including buyouts, sales processes, carve-outs and bolt-on acquisitions. He also has experience advising executive management teams in relation to incoming private equity investments and management incentive arrangements.
Mr. O’Connor’s recent experience prior to joining Skadden includes advising:
- Hg in connection with its significant minority investment, alongside EQT and TA Associates, in IFS and WorkWave, two cloud-based software services businesses, at a US$10 billion valuation;
- Waterland Private Equity Investments on its £1.08 billion buyout of the Priory Group, a leading behavioural health services provider in the U.K., from Acadia Healthcare Company, Inc.;
- KPS Capital Partners on the English law aspects of its €2.25 billion carve-out of the European tinplate business of NYSE-listed Crown Holdings, Inc.;
- the executive management team of luxury paint maker Farrow & Ball on its sale to Danish coatings supplier Hempel Group from private equity firm Ares Management;
- Omnicom Group, Inc. on its acquisition of private equity backed technology group The DMW Group; and
- the management team of Tarsus Group in relation to its £560 million take-private by Charterhouse Capital Partners.
- Legal Practice Course, BPP University, 2014
- LL.B., University of Leeds, 2012
- England & Wales