Yuko Ozaki focuses primarily on corporate finance transactions, working on both equity and debt offerings involving Japanese corporations, financial institutions and sovereign entities. In addition, she works on mergers and acquisitions and general securities law matters for Japanese corporations.
Ms. Ozaki’s experience in capital markets transactions (including her prior experience) includes:
- the ¥130.7 billion initial public offering by Mercari Inc.;
- a $500 million senior notes offering by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited;
- the ¥41.6 billion global IPO of LIXIL VIVA CORPORATION;
- a $800 million overseas hybrid debt offering by Nippon Life Insurance Company;
- a $1.34 billion overseas hybrid debt offering by Sumitomo Life Insurance Company;
- a ¥44.0 billion global equity offering by Daiwa House REIT Corporation;
- a ¥39.2 billion global equity offering by Invincible Investment Corporation;
- multiple SEC-registered bond offerings of Japan Bank for International Cooperation (guaranteed by the Japanese government);
- SEC-registered bond offering by Japan International Cooperation Agency (guaranteed by the Japanese government);
- a US$6 billion global equity offering by INPEX Corporation;
- the US$8.5 billion global IPO by Japan Airlines Co., Ltd.;
- a US$220 million global equity offering by Japan Retail Fund Investment Corp;
- a US$500 million senior notes offering by Japan Tobacco Inc.;
- a US$360 million global equity offering by Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.;
- the US$2.25 billion global IPO by Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd.; and
- a US$1.4 billion subordinated notes offering by Sompo Japan Insurance Inc.
Ms. Ozaki joined Skadden’s Corporate Group in 2016. Her prior work experience includes working in the Tokyo office of a leading international law firm and the legal department of a large U.S. investment bank. She received the In-house Lawyer of the Year award at the ALB Japan Law Awards 2016.