Ms. Park counsels a broad range of clients, including large public companies, on matters regarding tax rules relating to deferred compensation, excise tax on excess parachute payments and limits on the deductibility of executive compensation. She also advises on U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission rules governing executive compensation disclosure and corporate governance matters arising in the executive compensation context.
In addition, Ms. Park regularly advises on the planning, drafting and negotiation of a wide variety of executive compensation arrangements, such as employment and severance agreements and equity and cash compensation plans and arrangements.
Ms. Park is a lecturer in law at Boston University School of Law in the Transactional Law Program.
Selected representative experience for Ms. Park includes:
- Array BioPharma Inc. in its $11.4 billion sale to Pfizer Inc.;
- Markel Corporation in its $975 million acquisition of Nephila Holdings Ltd.;
- XL Group Ltd in its $15.3 billion sale to AXA SA;
- Express Scripts Holding Company in its $3.6 billion acquisition of eviCore healthcare;
- Intact Financial Corporation in its $1.7 billion acquisition of OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd.;
- Mars Incorporated in its $9.1 billion acquisition of VCA, Inc.;
- Liberty Mutual Group Inc. in its $3 billion acquisition of Ironshore Inc. from Fosun International Ltd.;
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd. in its $6.3 billion acquisition by Sompo Holdings, Inc.;
- Lanxess AG in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Chemura Corporation; and
- JAB Beech Inc., a subsidiary of JAB Holding Company, in its $1.35 billion acquisition of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2000
- A.B., Princeton University, 1994
- New York