Rui Qi advises private equity sponsors, corporate borrowers, and commercial and investment banks on a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including acquisition, property and corporate financings.
Ms. Qi’s recent experience includes advising:
- Sampo plc in its debt financing to support its joint offeror £1.66 billion takeover bid for Hastings Group Holdings plc;
- JAB Holding Company in connection with various financing transactions;
- JDE Peet’s N.V. in connection with various financing transactions;
- UCB SA in the financing of its US$2.3 billion acquisition of Ra Pharmaceuticals, Inc.;
- the lenders in a US$1.2 billion term loan facility for a Middle Eastern producer of aluminium products;
- Pret A Manger Ltd, a portfolio company of JAB Holding Company, in its acquisition of EAT Limited;
- Castik Capital in the financing of its acquisition of majority stakes in IPAN GmbH and Delegate;
- Key Safety Systems, Inc. in the financing of its US$1.6 billion acquisition of substantially all of the assets and operations of Takata Corporation, as part of Takata’s Chapter 11 case;
- Jacobs Douwe Egberts in its €5.8 billion secured cross-border financing;
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. in connection with its US$7 billion 364-day revolving credit facilities and other loan facilities; and
- Ball Corporation in the financing of its US$8.4 billion acquisition of Rexam plc.