Dries Redee advises clients on all aspects of competition law, including merger control, abuse of dominance, cartels and antitrust compliance issues. He has been involved in several high-profile and complex cross-border transactions requiring EU, U.K. and international merger control approvals.
Representative matters include, among others:
- Black Diamond Capital Management, L.L.C., along with InvestIndustrial, in their US$425 million acquisition of the phenolic specialty resin, hexamine and European forest products resins businesses of Hexion Inc.
- Diem Association in connection with the development of cryptocurrency based on the Diem Blockchain
- PayPal, Inc. in connection with its:
- US$2.2 billion acquisition of iZettle AB
- US$4 billion acquisition of Honey Science Corporation
- acquisition of Curv Inc.
- Södra in relation to the European Commission’s (EC’s) investigation into pricing in the
wood pulp sector. The EC raided the premises of Södra and other wood pulp companies in
October 2021, but ultimately terminated the investigation in June 2023 without an infringement finding, indicating it had insufficient grounds to continue the investigations based on
a thorough analysis and careful assessment of the evidence
- Visa Inc. in connection with its:
- proposed but terminated US$5.3 billion acquisition of Plaid Inc.
- US$2.2 billion acquisition of Tink AB
- ZeniMax in settling the European Commission’s video games investigation
Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Redee completed an internship at Unit C.3 (Antitrust: IT, Internet and Consumer electronics) of the European Commission’s Directorate General for Competition.