Jakob Saettler primarily supports his colleagues in complex litigation and arbitration proceedings. He conducts research, assists in the collection of data and drafts documents for litigation and other purposes.
Prior to joining Skadden in 2014, Mr. Saettler worked in the litigation department of a multinational engineering company for nearly two years. Mr. Saettler, a Vis Moot alumnus, coached several Frankfurt Vis Moot teams and is former president of the Frankfurt Moot Alumni Association.
His recent experience includes:
- representing a major car manufacturer in a €1 billion arbitration against a U.S.-based automotive supplier, as well as a related U.S. lawsuit relating to the termination of a supply contract;
- defending the Republic of Moldova against a bilateral investment treaty violation claim by Russian investors in the banking sector;
- representing an Asian company in an ad hoc arbitration concerning the insolvency of a joint venture;
- representing an international private equity fund as respondent in a post-M&A arbitration with a strategic buyer about a target in the construction industry; and
- representing a leading German bank in a major dispute with former board members regarding so-called “cum/ex” transactions.