Susana Santandreu advises clients on EU and Spanish antitrust aspects of mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. She has been involved in high-profile and in-depth merger control transactions requiring international antitrust merger control approvals, both in Europe and around the world.
Ms. Santandreu regularly represents clients from a diverse range of industries, including aviation, agrochemicals, entertainment and consumer goods.
Her representations include advising:
- Embraer S.A. in its US$4.2 billion sale of an 80% stake in its commercial aircraft and services business to The Boeing Company;
- International Paper Company in its US$71 million acquisition of two packaging businesses in France and Portugal from DS Smith Plc;
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. in its acquisition of 66.67% of the issued share capital of Silversea Cruises Holding Ltd;
- Amadeus IT Group, S.A. in its US$1.5 billion acquisition of TravelClick, Inc. from Thoma Bravo, LLC;
- NXP Semiconductors N.V. in its proposed but terminated $47 billion acquisition by Qualcomm Incorporated; and
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company in its US$130 billion merger-of-equals with The Dow Chemical Company.
Ms. Santandreu’s nontransactional experience has included representing a company in a cartel investigation in the automotive sector before the Spanish Competition Authority. She also has been involved in a behavioral matter in relation to allegations of abuse of dominance in the aftermarket services for aircraft engines, which resulted in a successful settlement that led to the withdrawal of the European Commission complaint. Prior to joining Skadden, she worked in the Brussels and Madrid offices of other international law firms.