Dr. Florian Schmid focuses his practice on advising clients in domestic and cross-border transactions, including acquisitions, corporate restructurings, cross-border tax planning and transfer pricing.
Mr. Schmid’s significant representations include advising:
- The SCP Group in its acquisition of Real GmbH from METRO AG;
- Intel Corporation in its US$1 billion sale of its smartphone modem business to Apple Inc.;
- funds advised by Credit Suisse Energy Infrastructure Partners AG in the €500 million acquisition of a 25% ownership interest in the Arkona offshore wind farm in Germany from Equinor ASA;
- Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, Merrill Lynch and Barclays as joint bookrunners in the €2.3 billion initial public offering and listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange of TeamViewer;
- Perella Weinberg Partners LP on the restructuring of its London office and workforce to reflect its longer-term strategic and expansion goals;
- Communications & Power Industries LLC in its acquisition of SATCOM Technologies from General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.; and
- I Squared Capital in its acquisition of PEMA from Société Générale.