Dr. Frank-M. Schwarz advises companies and private equity firms on various international and domestic tax matters. These matters include cross-border transactions, acquisitions, restructurings, joint ventures and transfer pricing issues.
Dr. Schwarz’s recent experience includes advising:
- the shareholders of marbis GmbH (doing business as Nitrado) in the tax aspects of the sale and rollover of all shares to funds managed by FLEX Capital Management GmbH;
- the shareholders of Canyon Bicycles, Roman Arnold and TSG Consumer Partners in the sale of a majority stake in Canyon Bicycles to Groupe Bruxelles Lambert;
- funds advised by Energy Infrastructure Partners AG in a €530 million investment for a 49% stake in BayWa r.e. renewable energy GmbH;
- Black Diamond Capital Management, L.L.C., along with InvestIndustrial, in their US$425 million acquisition of the phenolic specialty resin, hexamine and European forest products resins businesses of Hexion Inc.;
- The SCP Group in its:
- €1.2 billion acquisition of the Real Group from METRO AG; and
- sale of the digital business of Real, including the online marketplace operated under real.de, to Schwarz Gruppe;
- Gulf Energy Development in its acquisition of a 50% stake in the €2.6 billion offshore wind farm Borkum Riffgrund 2 from Global Infrastructure Partners and its joint venture with Ørsted;
- funds advised by Credit Suisse Energy Infrastructure Partners AG in the €500 million acquisition of a 25% ownership interest in the Arkona offshore wind farm in Germany from Equinor ASA;
- I Squared Capital in its acquisition of PEMA from Société Générale;
- Corning Incorporated in its acquisition of substantially all of the Communication Markets division of 3M;
- PayPal Inc. as lead investor in a US$50 million funding round for PPRO Holding GmbH; and
- Key Safety Systems, Inc. in its US$1.6 billion acquisition of substantially all of the assets and operations of Takata Corporation.