Bram Strochlic focuses his practice on complex corporate and financial restructurings,
advising companies, sponsors, hedge funds, banks, investors and acquirers in all aspects of
out-of-court restructurings, Chapter 11 reorganizations, and distressed mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Strochlic’s restructuring experience spans a wide variety of industries, including
food and beverage, energy, financial services, and oil and gas.
Mr. Strochlic is a member of the New York City chapter of the Turnaround Management
Association. He also provides monthly summaries of bankruptcy-related cases in the Court
of Appeals for the Second Circuit for the bankruptcy section of the Federal Bar Association.
Mr. Strochlic’s significant representations include:
- Quantum Pacific, as equity sponsor, in connection with the Chapter 11 case of its portfolio
company Pacific Drilling, an international offshore drilling business specializing in
high-specification deepwater and complex well construction services;
- Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (formerly Leucadia National Corporation), as prepetition
lender, in connection with the prepackaged bankruptcy of Global Brokerage Inc.;
- Vitol Inc. as member of the unsecured creditors committee and as creditor of the Puerto
Rico Electric Power Authority in Puerto Rico’s Title III cases;
- SunEdison in the largest Chapter 11 case filed in 2016;
- Roust Inc. in the quickest billion-dollar prepack in history; and
- Everest Capital in its out-of-court restructuring.