Edward Taylor acts for debtors, creditors, insolvency officeholders and other stakeholders on complex restructurings and insolvency mandates. His experience includes advising on restructurings, refinancings and distressed situations across a range of jurisdictions and sectors. Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Taylor worked in the restructuring group of another international law firm.
Mr. Taylor’s significant representations, including prior to joining Skadden, include advising:
- the Arcadia Group in relation to its Company Voluntary Arrangement proposals;
- Prezzo on its debt-for-equity swap and restructuring;
- the trustee of the Interserve pension fund on the restructuring of the group;
- Monarch Airlines, and subsequently its administrators, on the group’s insolvency;
- term loan lenders on English law aspects of Paragon Offshore’s $2.3 billion Chapter 11 reorganisation;
- the government of Trinidad and Tobago on its claims against an insurance and finance conglomerate;
- Expro on the restructuring of its loan facilities;
- Bluewater, Iona Energy and Noreco on negotiations with bondholders; and
- Fairfield Energy on its decommissioning liabilities and restructuring.