Dr. Fabian D.F. Uebele advises clients on all aspects of EU, German and international competition law, including merger control, cartel investigations, abuse of dominance issues and the Foreign Subsidies Regulation.
Dr. Uebele joined Skadden in May 2023. His experience since joining the firm includes advising:
- TSG Consumer Partners and Backcountry on the antitrust aspects of the sale of Bergfreunde GmbH, a Germany-based online retailer of premium outdoor apparel and equipment, to DECATHLON S.E., the world’s largest sporting goods retailer
- Hermann Rosen, founder of ROSEN Group, a global leader in inspection and integrity management services for energy transmission pipelines, on the antitrust aspects of the carve-out of its New Ventures division, the sale of ROSEN Group to Partners Group AG and a significant reinvestment by Mr. Rosen in the new ownership structure
Prior to joining Skadden, Dr. Uebele worked in the London and Frankfurt offices of other major international law firms, where he advised:
- The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation on the sale of BNY Alcentra Group Holdings, Inc. to Franklin Resources, Inc.
- Centerbridge Partners LP and Advent International on the acquisition of Aareal Bank AG
- Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc. on the acquisition of ArcelorMittalUSA
- enercity AG on a strategic partnership with Hanwha Q CELLS GmbH on the acquisition of a majority stake in enercity AG’s tech subsidiary LNYCHTECH GmbH
- Foxconn Interconnect Technology Limited on the acquisition of Prettl SWH GmbH
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. on various transactions, including the sale of Goldman Sachs’ minority interest in LeasePlan and the acquisition of Cprime, Inc. together with Everstone Capital Partners
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. on the acquisition of 50% of ZF Friedrichshafen AG’s chassis modules business unit
- L3Harris Technology, Inc. on the acquisition of Viasat Inc.’s tactical data link business
- Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners on the sale of VTG AG to Global Infrastructure Partners and the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority