George Zacharodimos advises on all aspects of European and international antitrust and competition law, including abuse of dominance, antitrust litigation, multijurisdictional merger control and antitrust compliance. Mr. Zacharodimos’ experience covers a diverse range of sectors, including air transport, consumer goods, information and communication technology, engineering and pharmaceuticals. He is part of the team that advised Aspen in the European Commission’s Article 102 investigation of the company’s pricing practices, which was awarded Impact Case of the Year at Benchmark Litigation Europe’s 2020 Awards and 2021 European Behavioural Matter of the Year by Global Competition Review.
Mr. Zacharodimos has significant experience assisting multinational corporations in high-profile and complex merger control cases in transactions requiring antitrust clearance. His most recent experience includes advising:
- Adobe Inc. on the antitrust aspects of its US$20 billion acquisition of Figma, Inc.;
- Konecranes Plc on the global antitrust aspects of its proposed, but terminated, merger with Cargotec Corporation;
- Air Canada on its CAD$720 million acquisition of Transat A.T. Inc.;
- Exact Sciences Corp. on its US$2.8 billion combination with Genomic Health, Inc.; and
- Montagu Private Equity LLP and the other shareholders of Equatex on their €354 million disposal to Computershare.
He also has significant experience in Article 101 and 102 issues in relation to horizontal and vertical agreements and alleged abuse of dominance. Relevant work includes advising:
- Aspen Pharmacare Holdings in relation to European Commission allegations of excessive pricing. The commission accepted proposed commitments that ended the investigation without an infringement finding on the part of Aspen; and
- a multinational computer software company in private excessive pricing litigation before the Dutch courts.
- Magister Juris, University of Oxford, 2017
- LL.M., University of Athens, 2015
- LL.B., University of Athens, 2014
- Brussels (EU - list)