Paul Zschunke acts for clients in complex domestic and international disputes before state courts and arbitral tribunals. His practice covers a wide range of representations, including corporate law disputes and follow-on damage claims litigation in antitrust/competition matters. In addition, Mr. Zschunke has experience in the fields of foreign investment protection, World Trade Organization rules and agreements, and EU law from his work prior to joining Skadden.
Selected representations include:
- an international investment bank in its defense against damage claims regarding transactions effected around dividend record dates (“cum/ex” transactions);
- the supervisory board of Continental AG in an internal investigation in connection with car emissions and related corporate governance matters;
- an Indian automotive supplier in a dispute against its joint venture partner, a German supplier of parts for the automotive industry;
- a major German car manufacturer in relation to cartel damage claims arising out of several supplier cartels;
- a multinational company’s German and U.K. businesses in defending against several antitrust/competition follow-on damage claims disputes;
- a leading German engineering company in relation to a dispute with another engineering company concerning the development of a wastewater treatment plant in Russia;
- a German bank in connection with the settlement of claims against former board members and employees in relation to a range of tax-driven transactions that ultimately caused severe losses for the bank; and
- an international private equity fund as respondent in a post-M&A dispute with a strategic buyer regarding a target in the construction industry.