Paul Zschunke acts for clients in complex domestic and international disputes before state courts and arbitral tribunals. His practice covers a wide range of representations, including corporate law disputes and follow-on damages claims litigation in antitrust/competition matters. In addition, Mr. Zschunke has experience in the fields of foreign investment protection, World Trade Organization rules and agreements, and EU law from his work prior to joining Skadden.
Selected matters include:
- advising a major German car manufacturer in relation to cartel damages claims arising out of several supplier cartels;
- defending a multinational company’s German and U.K. businesses in several antitrust/competition follow-on damages claims disputes;
- representing a leading German engineering company in relation to a dispute with another engineering company concerning the development of a wastewater treatment plant in Russia;
- advising a German bank in connection with the settlement of claims against former board members and employees in relation to a range of tax-driven transactions that ultimately caused severe losses for the bank; and
- representing an international private equity fund as respondent in a post-M&A dispute with a strategic buyer regarding a target in the construction industry.