Iacovos Antoniou advises on various aspects of EU, U.K. and international competition law.
Mr. Antoniou has experience counseling on multijurisdictional mergers, vertical agreements and conduct investigations before the European Commission. He has worked with clients from a broad range of industries such as agriculture, aviation, technology, health care, manufacturing and financial services.
Mr. Antoniou also completed a secondment at the U.K.’s Competition and Markets Authority, where he worked as a principal case officer in the Mergers unit.
Representative matters include, among others:
- Castik Capital S.a.r.L. and other shareholders of Waterlogic plc in Waterlogic’s merger with Culligan International
- Elon Musk in his US$44 billion acquisition of Twitter, Inc.
- HP Inc. with the antitrust aspects of its US$3.3 billion acquisition of Poly
- Intel Corporation in its US$5.4 billion acquisition of Tower Semiconductor
- Konecranes Plc in connection with the global antitrust aspects of its proposed but terminated merger with Cargotec Corporation
- Reinvent Technology Partners in its merger with Joby Aviation at an enterprise value of US$6.6 billion
- Stryker Corporation in its US$5.4 billion acquisition of Wright Medical Group N.V.
- UniCredit in relation to the European Commission investigation of an alleged cartel violation in relation to European government bonds
Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Antoniou completed a traineeship in the cabinet of Judge Savvas Papasavvas of the General Court of the Court of Justice of the European Union.