Frances Burchall focuses on cross-border and domestic public and private M&A and corporate finance transactions, in addition to regularly advising on corporate governance matters.
Ms. Burchall’s experience includes advising:
- Intact Financial Corporation and its subsidiary, Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Limited, on their $648 million acquisition of the brokered commercial lines operations of Direct Line Insurance Group plc
- Sylvamo Corporation on its $150 million acquisition of the Nymölla paper mill in Sweden
from Stora Enso Oyj
- Visa, Inc. on its $2.2 billion acquisition of Tink AB, a Sweden-based leading open banking
- Electronic Arts Inc. on its $1.4 billion acquisition of U.K.-based Playdemic Ltd. from
Warner Bros. Games and AT&T Inc
- Central Group and SIGNA Holding GmbH on their $5.3 billion acquisition of Selfridges &
Co. Limited from the Weston Family
- Globalworth Real Estate Investments Limited on a $1.88 billion unsolicited bid to acquire
the company by two of its major shareholders, CPI Property Group S.A. and Aroundtown
- Black Diamond Capital Management, L.L.C., along with InvestIndustrial, on their $425
million acquisition of the phenolic specialty resin, hexamine and European forest products
resins businesses of Hexion Inc.
- funds advised by Permira Advisers on the sale of a majority stake in Teraco Data Environments (Pty) Ltd. to Berkshire Partners LLC
- Willis Towers Watson on its $4 billion sale of Willis Re to Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- International Paper Company on the $812 million sale of its pulp and paper mill and
supporting operations in Kwidzyn, Poland, to Mayr-Melnhof Karton AG (Austria)