Mr. Chiruvolu has extensive experience advising on matters involving emerging technologies, including artificial intelligence, digital health and biotechnology, the internet of things and 5G networks. He holds a degree in biomedical engineering and has particular experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, life sciences and other related complex transactions. He also previously worked as a network and computer engineer for the Intelligence and Information Warfare Directorate, a part of the U.S. Army’s Communications-Electronics Command, focusing on neural networks and distributed computing. Mr. Chiruvolu was named a 2022 Rising Star in Technology by Law360. The Recorder also named him a “Lawyer on the Fast Track” in 2022.
His representative transactional matters include:
- Activision Blizzard Inc. in its pending $75 billion acquisition by Microsoft Corporation
- Apex Technology Co., Ltd. in its $4 billion acquisition of Lexmark International Inc.
- ArQule in its sale to Merck for $2.7 billion
- Becton, Dickinson & Company in a variety of transactions, including its $24 billion acquisition of C.R. Bard, Inc., the formation and sale of its interest in global respiratory business joint venture with Apax Partners; and its sale of certain assets to Merit Medical
- BuzzFeed, Inc. in its acquisition of HuffPost from Verizon Media
- Cavium, Inc. in its $6 billion acquisition by Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
- Elon Musk in his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter, Inc.
- EMC Corporation in its $67 billion acquisition by Denali Holding Inc., the parent company of Dell Inc.
- Endo International in its $658 million acquisition of BioSpecifics Technologies
- Fortive Corporation in a $3 billion reverse Morris trust transaction involving the merger of its automation and specialty business with Altra Industrial Motion Corp.
- Intel Corporation in its $15.3 billion acquisition of Mobileye N.V.; $4.2 billion joint venture with TPG Capital, L.P. to form McAfee; $1 billion sale of its smartphone modem business to Apple Inc. sale of its Wind River subsidiary to TPG; and sale of its home gateway platform division to MaxLinear, Inc.
- LeEco Holdings Ltd. in its $2 billion cash acquisition of Vizio Inc.
- Livongo Health, Inc. in its $18.5 billion acquisition by Teladoc Health, Inc.
- Mubadala Investment Co. in its investment in Waymo
- Rite Aid Corporation in its sale of stores for $4.38 billion to Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Pfizer Inc. in connection with a strategic digital health collaboration
- SanDisk Corporation in its $19 billion acquisition by Western Digital Corporation
- Silver Lake in its acquisition of a majority stake in ServiceMax, Inc. from GE Digital LLC
- Stryker Corporation in its $3 billion acquisition of Vocera Communications, Inc.
- United Natural Foods in its acquisition of SUPERVALU for $2.9 billion
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition of Semma Therapeutics for $950 million
- Xilinx, Inc. in its $49 billion acquisition by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Xperi Corporation in its $3 billion merger with TiVo Corporation
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2013 (magna cum laude, Order of Coif, San Diego Law Review)
- B.S., Johns Hopkins University, 2009
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Marilyn L. Huff, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California