The Intellectual Property and Technology Group at Skadden offers clients a full range of legal services relating to the acquisition, enforcement and commercialization of intellectual property and technology assets. Our services include counseling on engagements involving patents, copyrights, trademarks, outsourcing, privacy and data security. Attorneys in our group also litigate these issues in federal and state courts.
Our practice and attorneys are frequently recognized for their work:
- Named United States Transactions Firm of the Year by Intellectual Asset Management and World Trademark Review at the 2023 Global IP Awards.
- Ranked as a leading firm in the Trademark Contentious category by World IP Review in 2023.
- Nationally recognized for IP transactions in Intellectual Asset Management’s IAM Patent 1000 on a repeated basis.
- Ranked in the Patent Contentious and Trademark Contentious categories of Managing IP’s IP Stars.
- Listed as a top-tier firm in the areas of IP-related litigation and information technology by Best Lawyers Best Law Firms.
Our attorneys advise on virtually every type of intellectual property transaction, negotiating and drafting numerous licenses and alliance agreements and handling a wide variety of matters relating to the creation, use, licensing and transfer of digital technologies, including artificial intelligence, blockchains, cryptocurrencies, digital assets and NFTs. This encompasses drafting license, option, nondisclosure, collaboration, manufacturing and distribution agreements. We also provide intellectual property support in conjunction with mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and financings. Beyond an understanding of intellectual property matters and the science and technology underlying them, our attorneys are familiar with the business models used by our clients to maximize the value of these technologies, and we seek to create or add value to their intellectual property and technology portfolios.