Moshe S. Jacob focuses his practice on complex corporate and financial restructurings, advising companies, creditors, investors, purchasers and other parties-in-interest in all stages of restructuring transactions. He also represents SPACs, targets and placement agents in connection with PIPEs and other de-SPAC matters.
Mr. Jacob’s significant representations include:
- McClatchy Company, the nation’s second-largest newspaper company, in the $312 million sale of substantially all of its assets through its Chapter 11 cases;
- New Cotai, a partial owner of a Macau casino, in its successful Chapter 11 balance sheet restructuring that resolved over $850 million of outstanding bond debt;
- Party City in its out-of-court debt restructuring involving an exchange offer and rights offering;
- Stearns Lending, a mortgage origination company, in its successful Chapter 11 cases; and
- TridentUSA Health Services, a nationwide mobile diagnostics health care provider, in its successful Chapter 11 reorganization, which delevered the company’s balance sheet by approximately $600 million. This matter was named a 2020 TMA Turnaround of the Year by the Turnaround Management Association and Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year ($500MM or more) by The M&A Advisor.
De-SPAC PIPEs and Other Capital Markets Transactions
- Embraer and Eve in Eve’s pending $2.4 billion merger with Zanite Acquisition Corp;
- Amicus Therapeutics in its pending business combination with ARYA Sciences Acquisition Corp IV;
- FaZe Clan in its pending $1 billion merger with B. Riley Principal 150 Merger Corp.;
- SIGNA Sports United in its $3.2 billion merger with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation;
- Reinvent Technology Partners Y in its $13 billion merger with Aurora Innovation;
- WeWork in its $9 billion business combination with BowX Acquisition Corp;
- Credit Suisse and BofA Securities in the $1.6 billion merger of VELO3D and JAWS Spitfire Acquisition Corp.;
- Reinvent Technology Partners in its $6.6 billion merger with Joby Aviation; and
- Janus Henderson in a secondary offering of common stock by its largest stockholder Dai-ichi Life.