Sarah Kang advises strategic investors and private equity firms on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Kang was an associate at two major international law firms in their Chicago and Washington, D.C. offices, respectively.
Her representations prior to joining Skadden include:
- Global Eagle Entertainment, a provider of entertainment, connectivity and data analytics services to the airline, cruise and other markets, in its Section 363 sale process;
- Cradlepoint, a U.S. 4G and 5G enterprise solutions provider, in its $1.1 billion sale to Ericsson;
- Nesco Holdings, a provider of specialized truck and heavy equipment solutions, in its $1.4 billion acquisition of Custom Truck One Source and partnership with Platinum Equity;
- 2U, Inc., an educational technology company, in its $750 million purchase of Trilogy Education Services;
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings, a provider of supply chain management services to the aerospace industry, in its $1.9 billion sale to Platinum Equity;
- The Carlyle Group and Stellex Capital Management in their acquisitions of:
- Vigor Industrials and MHI Holdings, in addition to the creation of Titan Acquisition Holdings, a ship repair and specialty fabrication services provider to government and commercial customers; and
- the San Diego shipyard assets of Huntington Ingalls Inc.;
- Platinum Equity in its:
- $1.27 billion acquisition of Jostens, a provider of yearbooks, publications, jewelry and consumer goods for the K-12 educational, college and professional sports sectors, from Newell Brands; and
- acquisition of American Traffic Solutions, a North American provider of toll and violations management solutions;
- H.I.G. Capital in its $360 million take-private transaction of Lionbridge Technologies, a translation and localization services company; and
- Flexpoint Ford in its sale of CFGI Holdings, a finance and accounting consulting group, to The Carlyle Group.