Aurore Martinelli’s practice primarily focuses on cross-border and domestic M&A, public takeovers, corporate governance and general corporate matters.
Ms. Martinelli’s experience includes advising:
- Iliad Group in its joint venture with the Italian telecom operator Wind Tre;
- Axian Group in connection with a consortium acquisition of Tigo Tanzania and Zantel from Millicom International Cellular;
- Mercedes-Benz in its investment in European battery cell manufacturer Automotive Cells Company alongside founding joint venture partners Stellantis and TotalEnergies, with an objective to reach capacity of at least 120 GW hours in Europe by 2030 for an investment volume of more than €7 billion;
- American Express Global Business Travel, the world’s leading B2B travel platform, in its acquisition of the Egencia corporate travel business from Expedia Group
- Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. in its US$1.4 billion sale of zColo, including certain U.S. and European data center assets, to DataBank Holdings, Ltd. This transaction was named the 2020 IJGlobal Deal of the Year;
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours in the sale of its global alginate business to Josef Rettenmaier Holding Europa GmbH;
- CEVA Santé Animale in connection with its acquisition of certain assets of Merial’s animal health portfolio located in 30 jurisdictions in the context of Boehringer Ingelheim’s business swap with Sanofi;
- Silver Lake in connection with its voluntary tender offer, and subsequent squeeze-out, of CEGID Group, and related strategic advice, including a plan to transform CEGID Group into a Societas Europaea and its potential relocation to the Netherlands; and
- Jacobs Douwe Egberts in its acquisition of Maison Lyovel.
Ms. Martinelli’s experience prior to joining Skadden includes advising:
- Grupo Planeta in its sale of Editis to Vivendi;
- Evolem in the sale of its majority stake in April SA to CVC Capital Partners;
- Five Arrows Principal Investments in its acquisition of a majority stake in Harvest, followed by a simplified tender offer;
- Horizon in its acquisition of 9.59% of Parrot’s share capital, followed by a mandatory tender offer initiated on Parrot’s shares; and
- Groupe Bruxelles Lambert in its acquisition of a majority stake in the Webhelp Group, with a 100% enterprise value of €2.4 billion.