David A. Niemeyer focuses on mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. Mr. Niemeyer has represented strategic and financial clients in a variety of U.S. and cross-border transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, auctions and joint ventures. He also regularly advises clients on corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
Notable transactions in which Mr. Niemeyer has been involved include representing:
- the Power Opportunity Group of Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. in a partnership with Sachs Electric Co.;
- the special committee of Caesars Acquisition Company in CAC's pending merger with Caesars Entertainment Corporation;
- The Walt Disney Company in its:
- partnership with Major League Baseball and the National Hockey League to form the streaming media and technology company BAMTech, LLC; and
- acquisition of a minority stake in Vice Media;
- Hulu, LLC in its sale of a 10 percent stake to Time Warner Inc.;
- Oaktree Capital Management and its co-investors in connection with the sale of a majority of the stock of Alliance Healthcare Services, a publicly listed company, to Fujian Thai Hot Investment Company;
- Tengram Capital and its portfolio company Robert Graham in connection with the combination of Robert Graham with Differential Brands Group, formerly Joe’s Jeans; and
- Dermalogica in its acquisition by Unilever.