Skadden regularly advises on some of the most important transactions shaping the entertainment industry. We counsel entertainment and media clients worldwide, including motion picture and television studios, independent producers and distributors, film financiers, talent agencies, talent managers, music publishers, gaming companies, multi-channel networks, sports franchises and executives.
Our media and entertainment attorneys frequently work with a wide variety of our worldwide practice areas to serve as a “one-stop-shop” for industry clients in areas such as:
- mergers and acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures involving entertainment and media companies, film and television libraries, digital assets (including NFTs) and other intellectual property;
- motion picture and television production, financing and distribution;
- intellectual property acquisition, enforcement, commercialization and disputes;
- industry-focused litigation, including representing companies, boards of directors and talent;
- negotiations relating to sports leagues, teams and franchises;
- complex restructurings and reorganizations of entertainment and media companies;
- tax/structuring advice relating to transactions, companies and executive compensation; and
- CFIUS, antitrust, FCC and other regulatory counsel relating to industry transactions.
Skadden advises private equity firms, pooled investment vehicles, and other U.S. and foreign investors in acquisitions and dispositions of industry assets — both large and small. We have substantial experience with cross-border transactions, including acquisitions by non-U.S.-based investors of U.S. entertainment assets and businesses, and related regulatory clearances.
We have advised entertainment and media clients worldwide, including:
- 21st Century Fox
- A&E Television Networks
- Activision Blizzard
- Alibaba Pictures
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners
- Buzzfeed, Inc.
- CBS Corporation
- China Media Capital (CMC)
- China New Film Capital Management
- Dadi Films
- E-Stars Films
- Fox Entertainment Group
- Jimmy Iovine & Andre Young (Dr. Dre)
- Katherine Jackson
- Monster, Inc.
- Mythos Studios
- News Corporation
- Project X Entertainment
- Quixote Studios
- Saban Capital Group
- Shanghai Road Pictures
- Sony Corporation
- Turner Broadcasting System
- United Talent Agency
- Veritas Entertainment Group
- The Walt Disney Company
Skadden was named among Law360’s Media and Entertainment Groups of the Year for 2022.