Ralph E. Pérez focuses on mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and other corporate matters. He counsels clients in a broad range of securities and corporate matters.
Mr. Pérez’s indicative representations include:
- Brookfield Asset Management in connection with various investments in the energy and infrastructure sectors, including:
- Brookfield Renewable in its deal with Closed Loop Partners LLC to establish Circular Services, a joint venture in the recycling space, and a related commitment to invest up to $700 million
- Brookfield Super-Core Infrastructure Partners in its $3.5 billion acquisition of an additional 30% stake in FirstEnergy Transmission, LLC from FirstEnergy Corp. This followed a previous $2.4 billion acquisition of a 19.9% stake in the company from FirstEnergy Corp.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners in the acquisition of co-controlling interests in two natural gas pipelines in Mexico from BlackRock, Inc.
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. in connection with:
- its $1.7 billion acquisition of Incitec Pivot Limited’s ammonia production complex located in Waggaman, Louisiana, and related assets
- its proposed and since terminated $8 billion combination with OCI N.V.’s European, North American and global distribution businesses
- its C$910 million acquisition of the remaining interests of Canadian Fertilizers Limited not previously owned by CF
- GIC Pte. Ltd., along with Centerbridge Partners, L.P., in the $868 million acquisition of INDUS Realty Trust, Inc.
- Grupo Werthein in its acquisition of AT&T Inc.’s Vrio Corp. business unit
- Halliburton in the sale of its Russia operations to a Russia-based management team made up of former Halliburton employees
- Semantix Tecnologia em Sistema de Informação S.A. in its merger with Alpha Capital Acquisition Company at an equity value of $1 billion. As a result of the merger, Semantix became a publicly traded company
- Walmart Inc. in its sale of an 80% stake in Walmart Brasil Ltda. to Advent International Corporation
- InRetail Perú Corp., the retail arm of Peru-based InterCorp, one of the major financial sponsors in Latin America, in its $583 million acquisition of Quicorp S.A., a pharmaceutical distributor and retailer with a presence in Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia and Colombia. This deal was named Domestic M&A Deal of the Year by LatinFinance
- Kensington & Global Limited and Danpark Enterprises Limited LLC in the divestiture of their controlling interests in Procesadora Nacional de Alimentos C.A. Pronaca, one of the largest food producers in Ecuador, to Corporación Multi Inversiones, a multinational agro-industrial corporation based in Guatemala
- Goldman Sachs & Co. in its role as financial advisor to ProInversión, Peru’s national investment agency, in connection with the auction of the $2 billion Michiquillay copper mine project
- Deutsche Bank AG and its affiliates in connection with its sale of Deutsche Bank Argentina and the sale of its trust business in Mexico
- a China-based company in a multi-billion dollar acquisition of a U.S. hotel portfolio
- Horizon Pharma PLC in its proposed and since withdrawn unsolicited $3 billion offer for Depomed Inc.
- Chiquita Brands International Inc. in its unsolicited, but subsequently agreed upon, $1.3 billion merger with an affiliate of the Cutrale-Safra group
- Cementos Argos (Colombia) and its subsidiary Argos USA in its $720 million acquisition of Vulcan Materials’ cement and ready-mix assets in Florida and Georgia
- Stryker Corporation in its $1.65 billion acquisition of MAKO Surgical Corp.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev in its $20.1 billion acquisition of the remaining stake of Grupo Modelo, S.A.B. de C.V. it did not previously own
- Heidrick & Struggles International, Inc. in its acquisition of Senn-Delaney Leadership Consulting Group, LLC
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc. in its $370 million acquisition via a tender offer of Indevus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Grupo México, S.A.B. de C.V. and its subsidiary Americas Mining Corporation in the proposed and since withdrawn combination under common ownership of the operations of Southern Copper Corporation and Asarco LLC; and in the proposed and since withdrawn unsolicited tender offer for all the shares of Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico S.A.B. de C.V.
- Inversiones de Guatemala S.A. in its joint venture with Diageo plc in which Diageo purchased a 50% stake in the Zacapa rum business and gained distribution rights
- Ace Investment Corporation in the sale of a controlling interest in Maestro Home Center of Peru to Enfoca Investments, Och-Ziff Capital Management and Magna Capital
- The TCW Group and Société Générale in the acquisition of Metropolitan West Asset Management
- MetLife Inc., Temasek, Southern Copper Corporation, Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de C.V., Deloitte, The Warnaco Group, SL Green Realty Corp. and MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings in various corporate matters
Mr. Pérez is a former certified public accountant and practiced at Deloitte prior to attending law school.
- J.D., The University of Chicago Law School, 2008
- B.S., New York University, Stern School of Business, 2004
- New York
- Director, Western Golf Association Evans Scholars Foundation
- Board Member, Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund