Feargal Ryan advises on a wide range of insurance-related transactions, as well as regulatory issues in the insurance sector. Mr. Ryan’s recent experience includes advising:
- Argo Group in its proposed sale of Lloyd’s Syndicate 1200 to Westfield;
- Sompo International on its sale of Lloyd’s Syndicate 5151 to Riverstone;
- Willis Towers Watson plc on its:
- US$4 billion sale of Willis Re to Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.; and
- proposed but terminated US$30 billion acquisition by Aon plc;
- JAB Holding Company S.à.R.L. on its acquisition of a majority stake in Cardif Pinnacle Insurance plc from BNP Paribas Cardif;
- Phoenix Group Holdings plc on its US$272 million sale of Ark Life Assurance Company Limited to Irish Life Group Limited;
- Hg on its investment in Hyperion Insurance Group Limited;
- Acrisure, LLC on its acquisition of Volante Global;
- American International Group, Inc. (AIG) on the launch of Lloyd’s Syndicate 2019; and
- Root, Inc. as special counsel with the insurance regulatory matters and reinsurance strategy related to its US$724 million initial public offering of Class A common stock.
Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Ryan spent several years practising at a leading U.K. law firm in London.