Antoni Terra advises clients on antitrust aspects of complex cross-border transactions requiring EU and international merger control approvals, as well as on competition law and compliance considerations relating to joint ventures; cartels; abuse of dominance; and vertical, cooperation and license agreements.
Mr. Terra’s recent work includes advising, among others:
- ABB Ltd:
· with the antitrust aspects of its US$7.8 billion sale of a 80.1% stake in its Power Grids division to Hitachi, Ltd.; and
· with the antitrust aspects of its US$2.6 billion acquisition of the industrial solutions business of General Electric Company;
- Aircastle Limited in its US$7.4 billion acquisition by an entity controlled by affiliates of Marubeni Corporation and Mizuho Leasing Company Limited;
- Intel Corporation:
- in its US$15.3 billion acquisition of Mobileye N.V. This is the largest-ever technology company acquisition in Israel; and
- in its $4.2 billion joint venture with TPG Capital, L.P. to form an independent cybersecurity company called McAfee;
- Lanxess in the antitrust aspects of its $2.5 billion acquisition of Chemtura Corporation;
- Moody’s Corporation in its US$3.3 billion acquisition of Bureau van Dijk Electronic Publishing BV;
- Renault SA in its proposed, but terminated, €32.6 billion merger with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles;
- WABCO Holdings Inc. in a federal antitrust action filed by the Department of Justice relating to a required divestiture in connection with WABCO’s merger with ZF Friedrichshafen AG; and
- Willis Towers Watson in its proposed, but terminated, US$30 billion acquisition by Aon plc.