Skadden has handled numerous significant and precedent-setting cases in the appellate courts. Our attorneys have argued before the United States Supreme Court, all 13 United States Courts of Appeals and state appellate courts.
Our appellate lawyers perform a range of services relating to appeals and accompanying legal issues, including:
- briefing and arguing appeals on the merits;
- preparing and opposing petitions for review in the U.S. Supreme Court and state supreme courts;
- providing advice and assistance in briefing significant legal issues at the trial court level;
- advising clients on appellate issues during and after trial;
- handling agency appeals before various regulatory bodies; and
- preparing amicus curiae briefs.
In this era of “mega-litigations” and multidistrict practice often involving nontraditional routes of appellate process, our appellate lawyers also engage in frequent motions practice in the courts of appeals and prepare petitions for, and oppositions to, writs of mandamus.