Su Da advises public and private clients on a variety of U.S. tax matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, disposition and restructuring transactions, debt and equity financings, and initial public offerings.
Selected representations include:
- Intel Corp. in its $15.3 billion acquisition of Mobileye, N.V.; $4.2 billion joint venture with TPG Capital to form the independent cybersecurity company McAfee; and sale of Wind River business to TPG Capital. Ms. Da was a member of the team recognized by the Daily Journal with a 2018 California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year award for innovative work on behalf of Intel Corporation in its acquisition of Mobileye N.V.;
- Broadcom Corp. in its $37 billion acquisition by Avago Technologies Ltd. Ms. Da was a member of the team recognized by the Daily Journal with a 2016 California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year Award for innovative work on this deal, which also was named the Americas Technology and Telecom Tax Deal of the Year at the 2016 International Tax Review Americas Awards;
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company in its spin-off of its software business and combination with Micro Focus International plc;
- Visa Inc. in the tax aspects of its $23.4 billion integration of Visa Europe Ltd.;
- SanDisk Corp. in its $19 billion acquisition by Western Digital Corp.;
- Apex Technology Co., Ltd. as a lead member of the consortium acquiring Lexmark International, Inc. in a transaction valued at $4 billion;
- Cavium, Inc. in its $6 billion acquisition by Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and $1.4 billion acquisition of QLogic Corp.;
- Dynegy Inc. in its $1.7 billion acquisition by Vistra Energy Corp.;
- TiVo Inc. in its $1.1 billion acquisition by Rovi Corp.;
- The Sage Group plc in its $850 million acquisition of Intacct Corp.;
- Silver Lake Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in ServiceMax, Inc. from General Electric Digital;
- First Solar, Inc. in the tax-equity investment by affiliates of General Electric Company and Goldman, Sachs & Co. in its 250 MW Moapa solar power plant project in Nevada;
- Pattern Energy Group L.P. in the construction and term financing of its 324 MW Broadview wind generation projects and 35-mile 345 kV Western Interconnect transmission line in New Mexico and Texas; in the sale of such projects to Pattern Energy Group Inc. for $269 million; and in the tax-equity financings of such projects. The transmission line financing was named the 2016 North America Transmission Deal of the Year by IJGlobal; and
- DSP Merrill Lynch Ltd., Axis Capital Ltd., Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd. and YES Bank Ltd. as lead managers in the $163 million combined primary/secondary initial public offering and dual listing on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange in India of Inox Wind Limited. The offering included a Rule 144A/Regulation S offering. This was the largest Indian initial public offering since June 2013.