These transactions include initial public offerings, pre-IPO investments, PIPEs, public and private offerings of high-yield debt, investment grade debt, convertible debt and other equity securities, “at-the market” (ATM) programs, private equity investments, tender offers, exchange offers, consent solicitations, spin-offs, rights offerings and other customized transactions. Ms. Gasaway also regularly advises clients on out-of-court restructurings and distressed financings, acquisition financings and other investment transactions. In addition, she counsels clients on an ongoing basis, including with regard to analysis of transaction alternatives and structures, disclosure issues, corporate governance, securities law compliance, public reporting, stock exchange rules and other corporate matters. Ms. Gasaway was named Best in Capital Markets at Euromoney’s 2020 Women in Business Law Americas Awards and has been named to The Legal 500 U.S., IFLR1000 and The Best Lawyers in America.
A few of the more notable transactions in which Ms. Gasaway recently has been involved include:
- Cohn Robbins Holdings Corp. in its $828 million initial public offering;
- GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II in its $700 million initial public offering;
- the underwriters in the initial public offerings of Kismet Acquisition One Corp and Forum Merger III Corporation;
- Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp. II in its $600 million PIPE to fund its pending $5 billion acquisition of Opendoor Labs, Inc.; and
- GS Acquisition Holdings Corp. in its $1.24 billion PIPE to fund its $5.3 billion acquisition of Vertiv Holdings LLC.
Initial Public Offerings and Dual-Track Processes
- Vencore Holding Corp., a portfolio company of Veritas Capital, in connection with a dual-track process that included a proposed $250 million initial public offering of common stock and listing on the NYSE and culminated in a merger via a reverse Morris trust transaction with KeyPoint Government Solutions, Inc. and the U.S. public sector business of DXC Technology Company to form a separate, publicly traded company; and
- Excelitas Technologies Holding Corp., a portfolio company of Veritas Capital, in connection with a dual-track process that included a proposed initial public offering of common stock and culminated in an acquisition by funds sponsored by AEA Investors.
Acquisition and Other Transaction Financing
- Veritas Capital in connection with the corporate finance aspects of several acquisition transactions, including: the $1.1 billion offering of high-yield notes and an offering of preferred stock to fund the acquisition by Verscend Holding Corp. of Cotiviti Holdings, Inc.; the $485 million offering of high-yield notes to fund the acquisition of StandardAero and financing for StandardAero’s acquisition of Vector Aerospace; and the $515 million offering of secured high-yield notes to fund the acquisition of the Capital Services business of Chicago Bridge & Iron;
- SJW Group in its $426.9 million offering of common stock to fund, in part, its acquisition of Connecticut Water Service, Inc.;
Penn National Gaming, Inc. and Gaming and Leisure Properties, Inc. (GLPI) in multiple high-yield note offerings and tender offers, including offerings in connection with Penn’s spin-off of GLPI;
- ONEOK, Inc. and ONEOK Partners, L.P. in the corporate finance aspects of ONEOK’s $9.3 billion acquisition of all of the outstanding common units of ONEOK Partners it did not already own;
- Noble Energy, Inc. in its registered offer to exchange its senior notes for $1.8 billion of senior notes of Rosetta Resources, Inc. and in the corporate finance aspects of its acquisition of Clayton Williams Energy, Inc.;
- various issuers in issuances of mezzanine-style perpetual preferred stock, including to fund acquisitions and recapitalizations; and
- securities offerings to fund the construction of various gaming projects, including Revel AC, the Margaritaville Resort Casino (Bossier City), the Diamond Jo Worth Casino, Evangeline Downs, Hooters Casino Hotel and the Riverside Casino & Golf Resort.
Ms. Gasaway also has advised on the corporate finance and securities aspects of several other mergers and acquisitions transactions, including, most recently: Livongo Health, Inc. in its pending acquisition by Teledoc Health, Inc.; Caesars Entertainment Corporation in its acquisition by Eldorado Resorts, Inc.; Zayo Group in its acquisition by Digital Colony and EQT; and Total Produce in its acquisition of Dole Food Company.
Restructuring and Recapitalization-Related Transactions
- Noble Corporation plc in its rights offering and the other corporate finance aspects of its restructuring;
- The We Company in connection with its $5 billion in new financing from SoftBank Group Corp.;
- JAKKS Pacific, Inc. in a comprehensive transaction that included multiple binding definitive agreements among its existing senior lenders, certain holders of its private convertible notes and an ad hoc group of holders of its public 4.875% convertible senior notes due 2020, to recapitalize the company’s balance sheet with new debt and equity;
- Oaktree Capital Management in connection with the recapitalization of its investment in Neovia Logistics;
Atlas Resource Partners, L.P. in the corporate finance aspects of its prepackaged Chapter 11 plan of reorganization, one of the first Chapter 11 reorganizations of a master limited partnership;
- Nine Point Energy (formerly Triangle USA Petroleum Corporation) in its rights offering and the other corporate finance aspects of its restructuring; and
- Anchorage Capital Group in an investment in senior secured second lien notes and perpetual convertible preferred units of Breitburn Energy Partners LP.
General Capital Markets and Liability Management Transactions
offerings of investment grade notes, including most recently by O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. and Xilinx, Inc.;
- Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings of secured and unsecured high-yield notes, including most recently by Burlington Stores, Inc., Five Point Holdings, LLC and Viking Cruises Ltd.;
- offerings of convertible notes, including most recently by Burlington Stores, Inc., Coupa Software Incorporated and Insight Enterprises, Inc.;
- “at the market offerings,” including most recently by Assembly Biosciences, Inc.; and
- the underwriters and/or dealer managers in multiple investment grade notes, preferred stock, common stock, ATM programs and other securities offerings and/or liability management transactions, including most recently by Crown Castle International Corporation, Fidelity National Information Services, Inc., The Howard Hughes Corporation, PS Business Parks and Public Storage.