Craig Kelly advises on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, public takeovers and other corporate matters.
In 2018, Mr. Kelly returned to Skadden from secondment to the U.K. Takeover Panel. During his two years at the Panel, he regulated more than 250 transactions governed by the U.K. Takeover Code. Mr. Kelly was named International Rising Star of 2018 at the IFLR Europe Awards.
Mr. Kelly’s experience has included advising:
- Nightstar Therapeutics plc in its pending US$800 million sale to Biogen Inc.;
- Goldman Sachs International, Cenkos Securities plc and Dean Street Advisers Limited as joint financial advisors to Bain Capital in the £1.2 billion acquisition of esure Group plc;
- CME Group Inc. in its US$6 billion acquisition of NEX Group plc;
- Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co., Ltd. in its US$5.3 billion acquisition of Amlin plc;
- Matchtech Group plc in its £59.9 million acquisition of Networkers International plc;
- Fortune Dynasty Holdings Limited, a joint venture between the Vitol Group and Daniel Chiu, in its acquisition of the remaining 43 percent stake in Fortune Oil plc it did not already own;
- Destination Maternity in its proposed £266 million acquisition of Mothercare;
- Pfizer in its proposed US$115 billion acquisition of AstraZeneca;
- Vitol Group in the formation of Varo Energy B.V., a joint venture with The Carlyle Group LP to create a major midstream energy group across northwest Europe;
- Doughty Hanson & Co. in its:
- US$1.4 billion sale of Vue Entertainment Ltd. to Alberta Investment Management Corporation and OMERS Private Equity; and
- £250 million acquisition and related financing of a majority stake in ASCO plc;
- Altimo Holdings & Investments Ltd. in the US$5.2 billion sale of its 25 percent stake in OJSC MegaFon to AF Telecom and a subsidiary of MegaFon;
- NIKE, Inc. in its US$225 million sale of Umbro International Ltd. to Iconix Brand Group, Inc.;
- Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc. in its US$550 million acquisition of Proximagen Group plc;
- Colfax Corporation in its US$2.4 billion acquisition of Charter International plc;
- Tele Columbus group in restructuring its debt by means of a debt transfer and debt-for-equity swap implemented via several schemes of arrangement;
- Danaher Corporation in connection with its tender offer for Genetix Group plc;
- Williams Invest Holdings in connection with its 2009 acquisition of a minority stake in Williams F1; and
- Glick Investments, a cornerstone investor in Songbird Estates plc, a majority shareholder in Canary Wharf Group plc, in a £895 million equity and debt refinancing.