These representations include the resolution of proceedings involving French and U.S. regulatory agencies and prosecutors relating to corruption, economic sanctions, money laundering, terrorism financing, market manipulation, financial fraud, blocking statute, banking secrecy and data protection.
Ms. Sève frequently advises clients on their compliance programs and risk assessments, as well as on matters relating to mergers and acquisitions, such as sanctions, corruption, money laundering and banking regulation due diligence. She also has counseled clients on compliance matters and conducted investigations in a variety of industries, such as financial and professional services, technology, media and telecommunications, manufacturing and natural resources.
Her experience includes advising, among others:
- Société Générale on investigations that led to settlements with various French and U.S. authorities concerning high-profile economic sanctions, corruption and market fraud civil and criminal matters;
- a European technology company in connection with an internal investigation covering potential accounting fraud; and
- a French music streaming company, a French technology company and a French mining company with provision of compliance and anti-corruption advice.
In 2022, Ms. Sève was recognized by The Legal 500, in which clients noted her “very professional work and clear and pragmatic opinions and recommendations.” Ms. Sève edits the “White Collar Crime and Compliance” chronicle in the Revue Trimestrielle de Droit Financier (Corporate Finance and Capital Markets Law Review) and is a published author. In particular, Ms. Sève has written dozens of articles on compliance, enforcement and financial regulation, as well as the book La Régulation Financière Face à la Crise (“Financial Regulation in the Face of the Crisis”). She holds a doctorate in international law and received the HEC/Allen & Overy Prize for her work on regulation. Ms. Sève also teaches internal investigations and co-manages the Compliance MBA of the Financia Business School.
- “Companies and Human Rights: New Obligations, New Tools and New Areas of Intervention,” Campus Avocats 2021, organised by the Paris Bar Association, July 8, 2021
- “The Debt” webinar (panel on regulation of Fintech in France), Panthéon-Assas law school, June 18, 2021
- “Défis déontologiques et écueils pratiques de l’avocat enquêteur : conflit d’intérêt, secret professionnel et indépendance” (The ethical and political challenges of lawyers as investigators: conflict of interest, professional secrecy and independence), Campus 2019, hosted by l’Ordre des avocats de Paris, July 3, 2019
- J.D., University of Paris II - Pantheon Assas, 2007
- Ph.D., University of Paris I - Pantheon-Sorbonne, 2012
- M.A., HEC School of Management, 2010
- M.A., Columbia University, 2009
- M.B.L., University of Paris II - Pantheon Assas, 2008